Most people have either never heard of Tanzania or know little about it. So, I have compiled a rough guide so I don't have to see any more blank looks when I say I'm going to Tanzania. No more embarrassment.
Rough Guide to Tanga, Tanzania(my future home):
- Located right near Kenyan border on the Indian Ocean
- Or, for those of you who need the zoom out photo:
- About 200,000 people (I picture Puerto Vallarta: port town, some richer lots of poor, dirty but livable... Tanga will probably have less resorts and no Mexicans)
- The city is lined by mangroves on the coast
See, its kinda like PV
- All the guide books describe Tanga as a city of "decaying decadence"
- Was a booming port city, specializing in sisal (what they used to make rope from)
- Economy collapsed around WWII because nylon ran the sisal farms out of business
- African, Black, Adorable
I can't wait!