4.14.2009

NexGen... did I mention I'm rich?


As a non-profit minor at BYU, we are affiliated with an organization called American Humanics. I went to Indianapolis for their conference in January and blogged about it. Several years ago the Kellogg foundation gave AH a $5 million grant, which is divvied out to lucky AH members for internship grants through the NexGen program. NexGen, by the way, is a sassy abbreviation for Next Generation Nonprofit Leaders. About a month ago I applied for the grant, made the thrice-extended deadline by about 10 minutes and Boom! last week I found out that I got it! $4500 healthy dollars (hopefully in stacks of ones like this picture) to help fund my internship with Community Action Services this summer (more info to come). Hooray!

2 comments:

Christie said...

HOORAYYYY!!! that is wonderful! i'm so excited for you! all that dough! hey, i'm sorry i didn't call you on your birthday...funny story about that. Did you know that pregnant women get less oxygen to their brians? its true and i'm living proof. i left my phone on top of the car and drove off. After hearing a banging noise and then watching a truck run over it we retrieved the lovely phone. Sadly, i now dont have your number....so happy birthday and i'm sorry i didn't go to danniey's baby shower...again did i mention my phone? call me!

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.