10.26.2009

Confession

I'm a realist. I'll admit it. I'm practical, cynical, logical. There are very few decisions I make where my emotional response trumps rational thought. I naturally look for holes in inspiring movies and am working to overcome an overall skepticism I feel about love, dreams and lofty goals. I'm the girl who is watching the bride and groom about to say 'I Do' thinking that there's still a chance it might go to pot. Awful, right? It's not that I'm a robot-I feel, I dream- my brain just usually wins if there's any argument. I back up my emotions with pros and cons lists and schedule the air out of my dreams. I don't know how I ended up like this. I was raised in a house of dreamers and love surrounding myself with people who think and feel big. I love feeling the buzz of people getting all riled up and passionate about something that strikes a chord with them. It makes me feel human.

I've watched this trailer for Bright Star about 5 times today. 'He's a dreamer. She's a realist..." Sounds like my kind of story. I watch it and can hardly breathe (see? Robots don't go mushy for John Keats). The world needs more dreamers.

3 comments:

Kris said...

speechless......

Jodi said...

haha love it! miss you kami.

Anonymous said...

West Bay Wildlife Management Area is situated in northcentral Allen Parish near Elizabeth [url=http://shoesforwomenfan.tumblr.com/post/51689492191/the-days-of-melo-lacing-up-a-pair-of-jordans-in]shoes2[/url]And balance that with the mounting emotive torment she suffers [url=http://shoesforyou.soulcast.com/2001/The-English-Premier-League-is-considered-the-highest-scoring-football-leagues-in-the-world]shoes2[/url] With 6 players on they can be kept